The Municipal Information Systems
Association of Ontario (MISA), is looking to recognize people and organizations
for excellence in the use and delivery of technology. Details can be found in the nominations form
Every year, awards are presented at the
MISA Ontario Annual Conference to individual information technology leaders and
to municipal and associate member organizations. A panel made up of representatives from
various municipalities selects award recipients from all of the nominations
The 2016 Awards were presented at the Annual Conference Awards Banquet on June 6 in Blue Mountain.
See a complete list of current and past winners in the Annual Awards History.
Award categories include:
PARTNER OF THE YEAR
An award introduced in 1996 and presented to the associate partner deemed to have made the most significant contribution to municipal information technology and MISA Ontario during the past year.
Additional factors used to determine an award winner are:
- Extent to which the associate partner has developed a mutually beneficial partnership with the municipal sector or a critical mass of municipalities;
- Associate partners application of products in new, innovative ways that improve service delivery, extend the pervasiveness of technology usage in the municipal sector, or contribute to leaner, more efficient organizations;
- Facilitation of alliances with other municipalities, levels of government and IT vendors to produce effective and timely business solutions.
ROY WISEMAN AWARD
Presented annually to an employee of a MISA Ontario member municipality who is recognized as a role model and mentor. The recipient will:
- Be regarded as a mentor and role model by his/her peers in the MISA community;
- Demonstrate a "can-do” attitude and outlook;
- Demonstrate integrity and respect with his/her peers;
- Foster inter-jurisdictional relationships;
- Exude motivation and dedication to MISA Ontario objectives and initiatives;
- Have a good working relationship with his/her peers.
EXCELLENCE IN MUNICIPAL SYSTEMS
An award for both an Ontario municipality and one or more individuals within the municipality who have successfully undertaken a significant initiative or set a new standard that other municipalities may follow. Additional criteria are:
- Furtherance of a municipality's strategic objectives using information technology;
- Demonstrated improvement in service delivery to clients, citizens or businesses;
- High level of collaboration between IT and other municipal departments, as shown for example in a joint submission between IT and a client business unit.
JOHN CUSHING AWARD OF MERIT
An award for long and exemplary service to MISA Ontario and to recognize outstanding and dedicated service to the association over the years.
Awarded to retiring MISA member representatives who have been active in the association including participation on committees and the Board of Directors for a number of years. Life members continue to receive Municipal Interface and are entitled to attend the conference and workshops at no charge.
REGENA LERKE DISTINGUISHED SERVICE
An award for individual service to MISA that exemplifies Regena's spirit of working "beyond the call" with humour and humanity, making a difference to the organization and its members.
Awarded to individuals or groups who have made a specific and outstanding contribution to MISA or the municipal systems community.