Members of the MISA/ASIM Canada National Vendor Program are entitled to benefits from both the national association and its five chapters.
For regional benefits, each of the chapters has designated membership directors who keep in touch with national program members. Regional chapter benefits are discussed below.
National benefits begin with our website, www.misa-asim.ca. We publish each member’s corporate logo and a summary description of the company, together with a link to its website. Each company’s logo appears on our home page in a rotating display of national members.
We also provide each program member with a version of the MISA/ASIM Canada logo, designed for display with corporate marketing materials. Municipalities across the country will recognize that each member company is a significant supporter of their national technology association.
Representatives of member companies are invited at least once a year to attend a teleconference of the MISA/ASIM Canada Board of Directors. The discussion will centre on how to maximize member benefits under the National Vendor Program. Representatives will be asked for their opinions on issues and initiatives the Board is addressing.
Members receive early notification of events being planned across the country by MISA/ASIM Canada and its chapters, including the annual MCIO Summit. This gives members preferential opportunities to plan and reserve any participation in those events.
Other benefits provided by MISA/ASIM Canada for members of the National Vendor Program include:
- Authorization to identify the company as a "MISA/ASIM Canada Partner" on its own web sites and in other literature (e.g. RFP response), including permission to use the MISA/ASIM Canada logo;
- Contact/mailing list of MCIO Summit attendees (subject to consent of attendees);
- Contact/mailing list for members of MISA/ASIM Canada special interest groups (SIGS), including the Large Municipalities SIG, subject to consent of individual members;
- Two hard copies of Municipal Interface as well as access to the electronic version of the current and archived issues;
- Access to selected designated non-public areas of the MISA/ASIM Canada website including selected information repositories or directories;
- Access to and participation in selected MISA/ASIM Canada discussion forums, subject to approval by the Board and/or SIG members;
- Opportunity to participate in selected national projects or SIGS, subject to approval by the Board and/or SIG members;
- Eligible to submit “MISA/ASIM Canada Members Special Offers,” which will be communicated to municipal members of all participating chapters. Only National Vendor Program members will be eligible to provide MISA/ASIM Canada Special Offers;
- Advanced notification of all MISA/ASIM Canada events and sponsorship opportunities;
- Early notification for all MISA chapter events and sponsorship opportunities;
- Receipt of chapter-specific electronic newsletters and updates;
- Consultation by the Board on matters of mutual interest and on specific issues as they arise.
Under the National Vendor Program, members receive chapter benefits from MISA Atlantic, MISA BC, MISA Ontario, MISA Prairies and RIMQ (Réseau de l'Informatique Municipale du Québec).
Specific benefits are determined by each chapter, but could include any or all of:
- Recognition on chapter websites;
- Receipt of chapter newsletters and communications;
- Early notification of chapter events and sponsorship opportunities;
- Participation in chapter events, conferences and trade shows, including speaking opportunities and partner preferred rates;
- Participation in chapter SIGs and discussion forums;
- Access to chapter mailing lists (members, conference attendees) subject to individual approval.